Footytube.com - Latest Football Video Highlights Headline Animator

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

engineering, starfruit yogurt and the surf board.

One of the many things I still cannot get used to in Adelaide is :
1. people here walk super fast. I was with this Australian dude and we were chatting as we were walking towards the train station and he walks very fast. I got a hard time catching up.
2. The weather sometimes is pretty cold here, for instance today, 24th Feb 09, morning was like 12 degrees C. Unbelievable.
3. Here you can see wild life everywhere, say even the pond near my house, there is a bunch of ducks and even a pelican.
4. Shops, restaurant and malls closes at 5 in the evening the latest. I still cannot get a hang of it. I am bored. 
5. Limited broadband. WTF? I only have access to 4Gb a month which cost about 50 Aus $ per month. My university only provide up to 1Gb a year. Even more WTF?
6. The people's accent. The mat salleh sometimes do speak with a super hard to understand accent. I once called the Optus help line and I couldn't even understand what were they talking. Maybe outsourced Indians on the line? or is it just me?
7. The flies are irritating me always. 
8. The nearest supermarket to the place I am living which is Mawson Lakes, is around 20 km away. It's in Elizabeth. Adelaide city is pretty small with only 1 street of shopping mall, Rundle Mall of course. 

All in all, there are a lot of things which are beautiful, efficient and interesting. If any of you guys wanna come find me, please do so. Trust me, it's worth the trip. Australia is some place special.

Cheers mate (that's what the aussie love to say),
Ang Mo Kia.

1 comment:

GB= Growing Boy said...

wah, visit u ar... have thought of it... but dono how much is the air ticket...